Thursday 13 November 2008

JACKMAN TERRIFIED BY CHARGING HORSES

From: ContactMusic.com

HUGH JACKMAN inadvertently recorded a horror movie audition tape while filming new epic AUSTRALIA - when confronted with a pack of charging horses.
The Aussie actor plays a drover - a livestock herder - in Baz Luhrmann's new film and had to look good in the saddle for horse handling scenes, but eight months of training couldn't prepare him for one terrifying moment on set.
He explains, "As the dust cleared, I saw that the horses that had gone into the corral had seen their mates running off into the field, so they decided, at full gallop, to go and join them - and they were running toward me.
"I remember what the trainer said (to me): 'There's no stopping them.'
"The sound guy actually gave me a copy of the recording of what I said at the time because I had a microphone on. So, if you ever hear it, you'll hear a lot of swearing and genuine fear.
"He said, 'Mate, if you ever have to be in a horror movie, this is your audition tape.'"

No comments: