Wednesday 12 November 2008

Jackman Wanted To Be A Minister

From: IMDB.com

Hugh Jackman had a very different career in mind when he was a child - the Hollywood star dreamed of becoming a minister.

The Australian actor was brought up in a religious family and considered taking the next step by dedicating his life to the Church.

But the X-Men star eventually realised his calling was to perform on an entirely different stage - and turned his hand to acting.

He says, "My father is very religious so I was brought up in the church. He was converted at a Billy Graham rally (crusade) and he used to take me to these rallies.

"And I do very vividly remember that about age 13 watching somebody on stage doing a talk and thinking, 'I have a very clear feeling that one day I was going to be up on that stage.'

"And for about a year, I thought I was maybe going to be a minister. And then as I got older, I thought, 'I think I just want to be up on that stage. Maybe not in that capacity but in some other capacity'."

No comments: