Friday 5 December 2008

Marvel Likes the Japanese Girls

From: Topless Robot.


So DC Direct's Ame-Comi line--where DC superheroines are re-imagined in exceedingly goofy anime style--has done pretty well for itself, selling enough to justify I think about 10 or so figures. Now, I have some friends in the industry who swear that DC's figures are sculpted by actual Japanese people, but it's very hard for me to look at them and not see some Antarctic Press/DC cross-over nonsense.


At any rate, Marvel is getting into the anime-style superheroine merchandise game, with this new Rogue statue. It might be lacking the huge mallets and swords and shit of Ame-Comi, but it's definitely made by a Japanese sculptor, which I think I'd prefer were I going to buy anime-style statues of American comic book women. Rogue's due next June for $60; let me know in the comments if you want me to cover more of these gals.

No comments: