Monday 5 January 2009

Jackman Works Hard For Body

From: Imdb.com

Hugh Jackman keeps to a strict diet of protein and vegetables and exercises six times a week in a bid to maintain his muscular physique.

The Australia star, who was voted People magazine's Sexiest Man Alive in November, works hard to keep himself fit - and restricts his food intake to ensure he keeps his body in shape.

Jackman says, "I get up at 4am and eat egg whites, then every three hours after that. I have a combination of protein or steamed vegetables and brown rice. Then after midday, no rice or carbohydrates. It's just vegetables and meat or fish.

"I'm not going to live this way for the rest of my life. I do have treats, I love dark chocolate, beer and red wine. I love going out for dinner and do cheat sometimes."

And the star is just as tough with his exercise regime as he is with his diet.

He adds, "I train for an hour and a half a day, five days a week - weights, treadmill, rowing, everything. Then I do what my trainer calls 'a play session' on the sixth, which previously would have killed me in itself."

No comments: