Thursday 2 April 2009

Reactions from People who have seen the leaked movie

When I heard that X-Men Origins: Wolverine had been leaked online yesterday i was convinced it was an April Fool's joke, but by the end of the day I had stumbeled upon a few fan reactions, and even a link to the film, that has since been taken down.

The version of the film that was leaked is missing effects, music and sound, it's roughly edited and there's apparantly about 15 minutes of footage that's not included. So if you want to see the film the way it was meant to be seen, wait till it hits theatres.

I figured I'd share some of the reactions to the film from those who have seen the leaked version. Collected from around the web.

"It's a complete version of the movie (though I heard that this still lacks roughly 14 minutes more than expected final release), there are still a lot of work to do... erasing those ropes and harnesses and adding a lot of CGs and FX... especially in the final part. [...] I know for sure, even after watching this, I would still go to the theater on the first day of showing. There's nothing better than to see the sexiness that is Gambit in his full larger-than-life awesomeness. ♥♥♥♥ And yay! His total scenes seems like it's more than the rumored 3 minutes I've heard."

"(Please, keep in mind that it's a workprint, so things will probably be different at some points when the film is finally released. Editing, CGI, etc.) The site I got it from said that some of the effects aren't complete (plane isn't rendered, etc) and it may not include any of the scenes that have been reshot. (I don't know which those are, but WHATEVER).. Some of the editing seems a bit rough, too."

"The quality is actually pretty decent. Before you watch this release, do consider the fact that it is an INCOMPLETE VERSION OF THE MOVIE! If you need the full experience of the film, then wait for the theatrical version. There are green screens and wires attached to actors and so on still visible in this workprint. Some CGI is also incomplete, such as backgrounds and cgi models."

"I have already seen terrible reviews of the movie from people who've watched this copy, which is kind of stupid since it's not even the finished product. Personally, I'm going to wait to see it in theaters; I downloaded this to compare it to the theater version when I see it on May 1st."

"It's not nearly as good as either of Bryan Singer's films, but it's certainly better than X3. Good memorable action sequences."

"A suprisingly great film, I enjoyed it a whole lot. TONS better than X-Men 1 and 3, not as good as 2 though I reckon. One of the better comic book movies out there."

Mixed reactions, but that is based on an unfinished product. My review will be up once I've seen it in the theatre next month.

No comments: