Friday 8 May 2009

Deadpool movie is a dream come true, says Ryan Reynolds

From: coventrytelegraph.net
Written by: David Bentley

RYAN REYNOLDS, who plays sword-spinning mercenary Deadpool in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, says he learned the news of a definite spin-off for his character from internet headlines.

But Ryan - who will next be seen in new comedy The Proposal, due out in June - is very happy to be reprising the comic book role.

He told ET: "I read [news of the spin-off] online like everybody else. I just woke up and it was the headline everywhere. It was a very strange way to learn something.

"I'd by lying if I didn't say I was hoping that that would come of this film. It's somebody I've wanted to play my whole adult life so it's sort of a dream come true."

In an earlier interview he had said: "I've always loved the character. I remember reading one of the Deadpool comic books, and in the comic somebody asks Deadpool what he looks like.

"And he said he looks like a cross between a Shar-Pei and Ryan Reynolds. And I was like, I really, really wanna play this guy at some point. I thought it was pretty cool. It's a guy that knows he's in a comic book. How hard is it to shoot that properly? That's not something they put in Wolverine nor would it belong in that universe.

"This character is something I've been mentioned about for a long, long time now. And the character in the comic book - Deadpool - even mentioned me playing him. So I think it was in some weird way it was a little bit destined."

A second Wolverine movie is in development along with a spin-off for Gambit.

No comments: