Sunday 3 May 2009

Jackman 'sneaked into cinema to watch fans'

From: digitalspy.co.uk
Written by: By Lara Martin

Hugh Jackman has reportedly confessed that he loves to sneak into cinemas to watch fans' reactions to his movies.

Speaking to ITN News, the X-Men Origins: Wolverine star claimed that he liked to go unnoticed at screenings so that he could share the viewers' experience.

"I go in on opening weekend and I watch them. There is a sense of fantasy and escape," he explained.

Discussing the appeal of comic book movies, he said: "We go into another world where people have these fantastic powers and 'I wish I could have claws like that because my boss is really annoying me, or my teacher, or my dad'...It's fantastic wish fulfilment."

He added: "On the flip side of that, they all kind of got issues, man, Wolverine can do some serious therapy and still not get out of it. They're human and they've got conflicts."

X-Men Origins: Wolverine is in cinemas now.

No comments: