Monday 11 May 2009

Wolverine character creators thrilled by X-Men: Origins movie

From: coventrytelegraph.net
Written by: David Bentley

TWO comic book writers who created key characters in Hugh Jackman's X-Men Origins: Wolverine say the filmmakers did an amazing job.

Chris Claremont, who created Sabretooth and Gambit, told Newsarama: "Hugh Jackman is such a delight to watch on the face of it, but then when you throw in Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth and Taylor Kitsch as Gambit, it was just amazing."

London-born Claremont (pictured) added: "The bringing to life of characters that I've worked on, and doing it so well, was just an incredible treat."

Claremont, 58, has a long history of writing for the X-Men comics and created the legendary and acclaimed Dark Phoenix Saga which was adapted for the big screen in the second and third X-Men films.

Len Wein, who created Wolverine in 1974, said: "I was thrilled. I had a terrific time at the movie. I thought, and it was my wife's point too, that it was very much my Wolverine.

No comments: